Whether you have dealt with redundancies previously or are dealing with them for the first time, it is crucial that you do them properly to ensure that you do not face any claims and the investment in building your company’s culture is not destroyed.
Our aim is to ensure that the process is managed fairly and sensitively and whenever possible to try to support your team in finding new employment. We can help to identify the selection pools, create a fair selection process and criteria, conduct the assessments and manage the consultation and subsequent termination processes for you.
Our team of consultants will provide you with all the support you need to ensure you comply with the law and retain the staff who remain in your company.
- Many companies fail to comply with the law as they do not know the correct process to follow and that’s where we come in and help you. We will not only explain the process to you but will offer you commercial HR support to make the changes that you need
- We can assist and provide you with a sound business case for change, information about the process and timescales, selection criteria and eligibility for redundancy payments
- We know redundancies don’t only arise from the need to reduce costs, but you may also need to close a department as you merge sites together or through restructuring find that certain positions are no longer required. We can help you with any redundancy situation that you find yourself in and we will do this legally, fairly and sensitively
- We will work alongside you and discuss your objectives, enabling us to design a plan to manage the process in the timescale required, as well as being in line with reasonable consultation requirements under UK Employment Legislation
- The team can help you draft communications, meeting guidance notes and frequently asked questions, as well as support you when electing representatives, calculating redundancy payments and lead the group and individual consultation meetings if required
- If you are looking at large-scale numbers we can offer additional HR support on site to help facilitate the number of consultation meetings, so that the communication gets to everyone within the quickest timescale possible